• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Hello, I'm new here!

Tammy Ancheta

Just wanted to introduce myself to everyone. I live on Maui and I'm a chef by profession. Photography is just a hobby for me but I'd like to learn it more in depth and making the time to do it is a little bit constricting. Right now, most of my subjects are my dogs and the food I create.

Mary Bull

Welcome, Tammy. I'm relatively new here, myself, but I post a lot. Became a member last August 18.

It's lunchtime here in Nashville, Tennessee, where I live.

Why don't you post a pic of something good to eat right here in this Introduce Yourself thread?

We could enjoy your picture and it might help me decide what I want to eat next.

Oh, and did you notice: you can click on a member's name above his/her post, press "View Public Profile" and it will bring up the biographical info that person has chosen to share at OPF.

I did that with your name and found out that one of your interests is music. So we have another thing besides an interest in photography in common.

Mary
(retired 79-year-old schoolteacher who has just taken up photography as a serious hobby)

Dave McCaughan

I'm not a big poster but so many of your interests are similar to mine, I thought I might chime in. I was born in Manoa on Oahu, I'm a serious home cook, sometimes I like to photograph the dishes I make. And I'm a professional photographer specializing in interiors based in the northeast. My aunt is a music teacher on Oahu. I've spent the equivalent of many years in the islands, you're very lucky.
I too would be interested to hear and see some of your creations. The food of Hawaii has a special place in my heart.

Tony Panzica

Hi Tammy, I am new to this site, but a long time shooter. I have a niece on Maui living in Kehei, she is a paramedic, living her dream. Jenn loves the outdoor activities, especially canoeing. She is a member of a womens rowing club. She also likes to run rocks to stay in shape. Now that would be fun to photograph. For those not knowing, rock running is an anchient hawaiian tradition. You basically swim down to the bottom of the ocean, just past the breakers, pick up a rock and see how far you can run on the bottom. My son had a blast trying it. He went about 40 feet.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Tammy here's a very offical and warm welcome to you! Even if you weren't from Hawai you'd be very welcome. A chef, even more so!

We have an entry to digital which is a great place to ask questions on how to get going or solve beginners to digital workflow problems.

As you get more comfortable, visit where you like.

Ask for help as well as share what your experience is. Joining in is the best way to participate, not just to watch!

Asher