• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Hello

Ron Peterson

Just a note to say "Hello". We've been successful at shooting equine events for several years. Winding down the '06 season and thinking about maintenace and repair in preparation for 2007.

Marian Howell

welcome aboard Ron!
i'm sure you'll find others with many of your same issues and questions as we all want to keep our gear in top-notch shape. i forsee some lively thread topics in there :)

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Ron,

Welcome to OPF! I love that picture of the horses on a green meadow with several folk relaxing. It's very contemplative. I imagine it must sell a lot.

The bird feeder seems to bring in some colorful friends. I'm surprised!

Your horse event business looks organized. You write of prints today!! Do you have on site printing?

Great you are here!

Asher

Ron Peterson

Asher Kelman said:
Hi Ron,

Welcome to OPF! I love that picture of the horses on a green meadow with several folk relaxing. It's very contemplative. I imagine it must sell a lot.

The bird feeder seems to bring in some colorful friends. I'm surprised!

Your horse event business looks organized. You write of prints today!! Do you have on site printing?

Great you are here!

Asher

Hey! Asher -

We don't look for "photo art" business. I'm not really sure why we keep so much of it on line. We're busy shooting horse shows most every weekend during the show season. That's really what we do. We're in the process of redesigning the web front end. We might just drop some of that artsy stuff.

Yes, we do print on site whenever possible. Our event trailer is setup with a print server, a PS07 editing/printing station and two customer assisted viewing stations; one of which can be used to edit as well. We have still another editing station which we bring along on occasion depending on the show.

Ron

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Ron Peterson said:
Hey! Asher -

We don't look for "photo art" business. I'm not really sure why we keep so much of it on line. We're busy shooting horse shows most every weekend during the show season. That's really what we do. We're in the process of redesigning the web front end. We might just drop some of that artsy stuff.

Yes, we do print on site whenever possible. Our event trailer is setup with a print server, a PS07 editing/printing station and two customer assisted viewing stations; one of which can be used to edit as well. We have still another editing station which we bring along on occasion depending on the show.

Ron

Hi Ron,

Still I like what you dismissively call your "Artsy Stuff"!!!! :) Maybe just keep it in a corner! It adds character.

Your horse portraits are good too. I'd imagine people must need that. But I guess you work fast and are organized for events. Large matted prints of someone's horse is probably a diversion you don't need in peak season!

There's a thread on event printing and your methodology would be a great addititon and give depth.

http://www.openphotographyforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=572&highlight=event+printing

Did you design your own event trailer or does it come fitted as a standard photo-setup to just add your viewing stations?

Asher