• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Fuju Pivi re-print non compatible

Ralph Honsbeek

Hi there,

I have a Fuji Pivi (portable printer) and I was just wondering about one thing.
When I take a photo I can directly print this photo to the printer no problems.

However photos that I edit in Lightroom or CS3 and resave them , and put them back on my 5d MarkII
It cannot display the photo and thus not print it. I was wondering why ?
I wish to lighten the images and bring them back to the camera since this is the only way I can print the
photos. There is no addition software of cable that connect the Pivi to my computer.

I once succeeded in doing an edit on the computer and then transfer it back to the mark II and it worked , but most of the time it doesnt work . Please help if you can

thank you

Ralph

Generally Canon cameras will not recognize files processed outside the camera and loaded back in. I'm suprised you made it work once. I have not heard of such sucess.

Processing the files on the computer adds or subtracts some bits of information that causes the camera to not be able to display the files, and I don't think there's a way around it.

I think you need a new cable to connect the printer to the computer.

<Chas>