• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Panes & Planes

Paul Abbott

citytower1of1600.jpg

Panes & Planes - Paul Abbott

Michael Nagel

I like geometrical compositions and I am surprised that nobody commented on it yet.

I particular like the well chosen angle - the alignment of the reflection with the lines of the window and the part above is excellent.
I also like seeing interior (veiled), reflection and building exterior in one view.

Personally I would like to see more room to the top of the picture.

I like this one very much.

Michael

I like geometrical compositions and I am surprised that nobody commented on it yet.

Hi Michael,

You are quite right. This image should have received more attention.

The only reason I can come up with why it didn't, is that we know Paul as a very good photographer of cityscapes for a while already. His work is usually of a consistently high quality. His compositions are flawless, and the B/W conversions (if not shot on film) leave little to be desired.

I'm afraid we've grown to expect nothing less from him ..., and forgot to thank him for his contribution. This is just one of many areas where newer members can make a difference.

Cheers,
Bart

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
citytower1of1600.jpg

Panes & Planes - Paul Abbott

Hi Michael,

You are quite right. This image should have received more attention.

The only reason I can come up with why it didn't, is that we know Paul as a very good photographer of cityscapes for a while already. His work is usually of a consistently high quality. His compositions are flawless, and the B/W conversions (if not shot on film) leave little to be desired.

I'm afraid we've grown to expect nothing less from him ..., and forgot to thank him for his contribution. This is just one of many areas where newer members can make a difference.

Michael,

There's substance to Bart's explanation. Often, I delay being the "first responder" to something I'm sure will be covered well shortly. I was surprised, checking the date that this new picture was posted some 3 weeks ago! This is the danger of assuming that an image is going to get certain attention from others!

I feel that every day we should look out for outliers to make sure that they don't end up as tragic orphans who's potential is unrealized here.

I'm delighted so see this new architectural curetting of the city of London! Paul does this so well and I could identify his work from across a gallery. The sampling of the interplay of lines, surfaces and reflections is at his trademark angle, but done with craft, and care, creating extra bonus of composition as he goes like the round reflection on the upper left.

We should't take for granted that work will get coverage!

"Here endeth the lesson!"

Asher

Paul Abbott

Thanks Michael, Bart and Asher for your kind comments indeed.

I kind of noticed people looking but not responding in kind to this photograph, and thought better of it really. :)

Asher, the interior light in the upper left part of the image kind of gave it another depth in my view, and it reminded me of a moon reflection also, which I liked. :D