• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

a short trip to the Timis river

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Valentin,

There's a story with each of these interesting panos. What's really helpful is to know that one can indeed switch of the controls and exit the advertisements. These drive me nuts as does the spinning of the pano when it gets out of control. My fault as I move the arrow too fast! Still these are interesting.

The monastery is one case in particular. The walls of the new structure are made of mud and straw! That's so amazing to me to know that today it's still being used in a European country! It would be nice to know something of the order. What are they known for what good, if any do they do?

The goats on the side of the road are wonderful as a wide angle picture with the road and long trees receding into the distance. That at least, might be a mistake. A regular shot would have been a treasure.

So Valentin can you extract a nice shot of the goats and trees?

Thanks for sharing,

Asher

Valentin Arfire

hi Asher and thank you :)

regarding the cob (straw+clay+sand+water) you'll find plenty over the internet - here is a link to a company that is promoting the ancient technique
http://www.cobcottage.com/whatis

there is a town in Yemen called Shibam where the tallest buildings of earth stay for centuries

and here are some images with the goats :)

photo_5_small.jpg