• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

OPF - Depth of quoting

Doug Kerr

Hi, Asher,

I note that the forum software only provides for quoting one layer deep. That is, if I respond to a post with quoted matter in it, that matter is not set up to be part of my response.

I think it would be desirable for it to have at least two layers of quotes.

Then, a typical dialog might look like this:

Why does a camera have a battery?

To run the innards.

All the innards?
Well, just the electrical ones.

Thanks. I knew it must be something like that.

Today, unless I do some supernatural things to set it up, it comes out like this:

To run the innards.
Well, just the electrical ones.

Somehow, I think it was not always like that.

Best regards,

Doug

Doug Kerr

Hi, Asher,

Now, by way of further illustration, this is what would happen if I responded to my post above (I haven't touched anything below the row of asterisks down to the second row of asterisks).

Hi, Asher,

I note that the forum software only provides for quoting one layer deep. That is, if I respond to a post with quoted matter in it, that matter is not set up to be part of my response.

I think it would be desirable for it to have at least two layers of quotes.

Then, a typical dialog might look like this:

Today, unless I do some supernatural things to set it up, it comes out like this:

Somehow, I think it was not always like that.

Best regards,

Doug

Best regards,

Doug

fahim mohammed

Hi Doug.

I have come up for breadth ( surfaced ? ) multiple times since you first posted this ' in depth '
thread.

Heights and depths are too much for me at this stage of my life.

Now if Asher wants to dive in too, I shall wait with the oxy tanks. They might be needed!!

You all take care.