• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Making faces! In rocks, clouds, moist windows, trees, or other objects!

Ruben Alfu

Hello, hope you like it!

_MG_1043_a_flat.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hello, hope you like it!

_MG_1043_a_flat.jpg

Ruben,

I was waiting for comments! This is an unusual picture of an egg. The presentation is amusing and akin to making a face out of common objects. Perfection is not needed as we sketch in the rest. This is fun and Dadaistic. I'd love to see more in this vein!

Asher

Ruben Alfu

Ruben - this one is brilliant it its simplicity and humor.

I love the idea.

Here is a face I saw in the fireworks - do you see it?

Best regards,
Michael

Thanks so much Michael, the face in your photo is definitely "loud and clear". Congrats, really nice capture!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Michael,

Your firework display has a nice beard too!

and Yes, Sandrine, that's a good one! Quite friendly in fact!

Asher

Very cool minimalist man, Michael. Sorry I missed this post last year.

Usually tip my hat to this beady-eyed sandstone visage when hiking through an Illinois River canyon.

original.jpg

Mister Sandman​

Usually tip my hat to this beady-eyed sandstone visage when hiking through an Illinois River canyon.

original.jpg

Mister Sandman​

Oh, I love this! really very cool and thanks for reviving this thread, as a new member, I would never have seen it.
I've got a photo I'll add to the thread, perhaps we can get more people to join in!
Maggie

Very neat, Maggie! I see a couple faces here, both of them facing toward the left. The larger one looks a little like an enraged ogre or maybe King Kong. The smaller one has a pointy chin and for some reason, reminds me of William F Buckley. Clouds are mother nature's Rorschach inkblots, aren't they?

Michael Nagel

Thanks! Well, I only posted it a little more than one hour before your answer ;) so no way that you missed it last year.

Mister Sandman
I like this one a lot.

Oh, I love this! really very cool and thanks for reviving this thread, as a new member, I would never have seen it.
Look one post further up ;)

I like the cloud Rorschach.

Best regards,
Michael

Michael, ah yes. I see you recently revived the thread started by Ruben last year. Thanks! Good choice.

Winston, that red dude even has ears. Far out!

Jarmo, your stony face has a cubic aspect, doesn't it?

Just to switch gears a bit, here's an old burly oak trunk that might have a couple face possibilities -

original.jpg

Burly Oak​

The faces I see both look to the left. The closed eye in both instances is at the level where the top of the hill and the sky meet. The face ending at the big gap looks to me like a snoozing full-cheeked imp, while the face ending below the big gap might be a yawning druid.

Michael Nagel

Winston - Picasso would have like this face ;)

Jarmo - like that geometrical face.

Tom - yes, with that one the mind has something to play with.

A simple one again - do you see the face (ICE is the German high speed train)?

Best regards,
Michael

Meagan Rivard

That's up to you!

asher

Ok, well if that's the case. I about wrecked my truck when I caught this "face" in my rear view mirror. I literally slammed on my breaks and turned in my seat to find out what kind of "creature" had climbed into my backseat when I stopped for diesel.

Creature.jpg

Any guesses on what it was?

Meagan Rivard

Uncle Herman...?

....err... a stow away north American Bison ?

...mutant wolverine?

..your Hungarian borzoi who'd swallowed a billiard ball?

I give up.

A vest. Like clothing. The "eyes" are the snaps on the hood of it. Talk about freak me out though when you catch a glance of it out of the corner of your eye staring at you through the mirror.

Michael, fantastic door knob! The wood of the door itself appears to be worth further exploration.

Trees growing around fence wire always catches my attention. It is a common sight, but there is something admirable about the determination of a plant to work around an obstruction. This old trunk wound up with a face that reminds me of Bart Simpson:

original.jpg

Wired Walnut Tree​

Michael Nagel

Tom,

Thank you. I like old door knobs for their ornamental elements providing a lot of food for imagination.

Trees are indeed determined like you wrote, the example of yours shows it well - I also see Bart Simpson :) .

I have to look if I have also examples.

Best regards,
Michael

Michael, fantastic door knob! The wood of the door itself appears to be worth further exploration.

Trees growing around fence wire always catches my attention. It is a common sight, but there is something admirable about the determination of a plant to work around an obstruction. This old trunk wound up with a face that reminds me of Bart Simpson:

original.jpg

Wired Walnut Tree​

This is a really great one. Such an expression! :)
Maggie