• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

is this true?

Karen Tunison

hi all.

i am not a photographer but i have been searching google all night without any luck so was hoping i could get some help here from those with expertise.

my sister has been telling me about a process where u can edit a photo to make yourself appear much slimmer. apparently her friends friend had this done. she sent off her full length photo and it got tweaked to take off 85 lbs. she then used this photo as a motivational tool to weight loss and it worked. she lost the weight and apparently the edited picture was identical to her new real slimmer self.

this story has passed thru 3 people before getting to me so i dont know if this is really possible and if it is, if it is really that professional. if it is i would like to have this done but i dont know the name of this procedure and so dont know what keywords to use to look for this service online.

if anyone could tell me if this story is true and what its called so i can searc h it up, i would be really grateful :-D

Many thanks in advance

Ray West

Hi Karen,

I would begin by using google, search on 'slim', then in 'search within results', at the bottom, enter 'photo', then try other words, as you think. I am pretty sure it is a standard sort of thing, probably offered by folk like 'transform', and other cosmetic surgery or weight loss companies. I suspect there is something you can do on-line.

Best wishes,

Ray

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
However Karen, you might already have the solution!

Do you have a digital camera?

If you do it came with a photograph editing program. Tell us what it is. You can usually select the profile of a person and then just bring in the waist. Good thing is that in learning to do this simple trick, you will have also learned the first steps in mastering the picture itself!

You might be able to save your $59!

Asher

Jim Davies

Photoshop's liquify tool can do wonders for a body. Even so called "beautiful" bodies in glossy mags are tweaked to remove small layers of fat under the arms and the inside of the thighs and a few other places.

Depending on the image, you can indeed tweak an image to give an impression of a slimmer profile. I've done it a few times with portraits.

There's a few ways to do it depening on the image you are using. The liquify tool and the clone stamp in Photoshop are both excellent tools for this type of work.

regards
Jim

johnhawk

John Hawk

After reading your question , Karen , I was reminded of a new camera feature I had read about . It`s in the Hewlett Packard digitals , such as the HP Photosmart R727 , and is called " Design Gallery " ; amongst several other effects , such as Red-eye removal , you can use a slimming feature , which basically narrows the horizontal axis of the picture so that you look slimmer . The brochure shows quite an effective demonsration , and it might be useful if used sparingly .
Hopefully , these cameras are available everywhere (I`m in the UK) .

Angela Weil

Dierk Haasis

pro member
One fine method is shown in Ken Milburn's Digital Photography - Expert Techniques in the chapter 9, "Retouching and Rescuing Photos", pp. 334ff [1st ed, March 2004, O'Reilly Media].

:: PHOTO SHOP 5 and it's free i belive!!! ::

You would actually be best if you could learn to do it you self, however at least you can always
try and build on it.

Just a thought
REGARDS

David J. Eves

Well I am no photoshop expert

But I do know. if you take an image of yourself and load it into photoshop

you can select the marque tool and draw a "bounding box" around yourself

CLICK on the Arrow / move tool and click inside your marque.

now you have the "handles" showing on the horizontal middle of the image

scale the image in (narrow) and I THINK this will INSPIRE what your trying to accomplish

quickly and easily!