• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Hello From Paulb

Paul Barclay

so allow me to introduce myself-i live in warwick,r.i. and have been enjoying digital photography for a few years now.Altough strictly an amature I enjoy doing portrait work and anything to do with my wife and son.Now that my son is out of high school where i took alotof photos of his wrestling matches and proms and such i found myself drifting away from photography until we added a new member to our family-his name is "chance" and he is our beloved golden retriever.I assure u u'll be seeing him here soon.
anyway i use a 20d w/24-70L for almost all my shots and cs2 for processing.u can take a peek at some of my work(although work is not the proper word for it) at

http://www.pbase.com/pawlb/galleries

anyway thanx for having me and i look forward to meeting alot of u folks soon-paulb

Mary Bull

Welcome to OPF, Paul.

I hope you will enjoy participating here as much as I do. I've already had the pleasure of seeing Chance in the Pet's Corner.

And I enjoyed visiting your gallery very much.

Browse some of our other threads. You may have something to contribute to them too. I look forward to seeing your posts, wherever you choose to contribute.

Mary

Welcome

Welcome Paul. I too enjoyed your photo of your friend Chance. I look forward to seeing more pictures from you. I'm a relative newcomer here also and I've found the folks here to be friendly, knowledgeable and willing to share. There are some very interesting discussions and lots of great photography.

Again, welcome

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
From me too Paul! Glad you are here. Also congrats on you sale of the lens. Are you going to get the version of the 70-200 with IS?

Asher

Ray West

Hi Paul,

You can buy your dog some squirrel's to chase .....

The 20D and 24 - 70L is what I use more than any other lens. I have the grip, which seems to allow me to shoot for ever wrt battery life. I have found that the Kenko convertors give a useful range extension, better than using CS2 zoom, not far short of the lens you just sold...

Best wishes,

Ray

Marian Howell

hi Paul.
i'm nearby in southeastern mass. my first dslr was the 10d, and the first lens i got was the 24-70L. i've moved on to the 5d and added many lenses over the years :) but i always go back to my faithful 24-70L...it does everything!
and i love your shot of Chance in the Pet's Corner!