• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: Rock Scar & White Seaweed

Paul Abbott

Two close-up studies of some surface details - rock scar and white seaweed, at Saltwick Bay, Yorkshire.
I'm thinking about printing these and framing them together as a diptych...

whiteseaweed1of1500.jpg

White Seaweed - Saltwick Bay, Yorkshire '11 - Paul Abbott

bayshale1of1500.jpg

Rock Scar - Saltwick Bay, Yorkshire '11 - Paul Abbott

Jerome Marot

If used in a diptych, it would bother me that the colors of the two pictures are too opposite. It would not bother me in a triptych, but then you need another picture...

Paul Abbott

Jerome, I thought that the contrasting colours and textures may have worked well together as just that - contrasts.
I take on-board what you say though, and i'll look for another image to complement these in some way. Cheers.

Jerome Marot

Paul, it is nice that you consider my opinion, but you should not necessarily make it yours. If you like the contrast of the two colors, it is another opinion and not necessarily less valid.

fahim mohammed

Paul, i like contrasts, most of the time. these two would go well together as they are.
depends how the third image would either contribute or distract wihtin a set.

Either way, these are beautiful..on their own.

Best.

Paul Abbott

Thanks, Fahim.

I do have another image but it has the same colour as 'Rock Scar', that's no good it would create a bias I guess.