• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Mr Sunbather

nyschulte

Neighbour's cat bathing in the late autumn's sun.

_D204885_brd.jpg

Even went closer to see if he was still alive.

_D204834_brd.jpg

See the whole series at
http://www.photoneckel.eu/cpg/thumbnails.php?album=10

Nicolas.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Nicolas,

This is what I really admire. A picture that is clean and shows mood and feeling that a human can recognize, sense and join with.

One's own eyes seem to also need to squint at the sunlight controlling the earth, warming us and dominating the world.

This we know is the life-giver through chains of unscrupulous devouring of everything on the earth as fuel.

It is stunning to see the shadow and brightness of the bright sun, at a time most good photographers hide their cameras, create this portrait of an animal, just for now, being feline, not part of subservience to us. Still, the ground shows that ultimately, it's fate, that of all of us, is in the hands of man who covers the earth with asphalt.

nyschulte said:
Neighbour's cat bathing in the late autumn's sun............

Even went closer to see if he was still alive.

_D204834_brd.jpg

Nicolas.

Some critique on the presentation.

I might suggest a much smaller first picture since the second picture has the effect in the first and the second is magnificent on it's own. The first is not actually needed to make the point of the second.

I'd examine the orginal file to see if the white hairs in the brightest parts can be better defined.

This picture is worth devoting much time and love too.

Congratulations,

Asher