• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Eagle Owl

Gregg Simpson

06_1Ds_Raptors_0168.jpg

Gregg Simpson: Eagle Owl

I haven't posted anything for a while, so here is a recent shot of an eagle owl.

Gregg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I haven't posted anything for a while, so here is a recent shot of an eagle owl.
Gregg

06_1Ds_Raptors_0168.jpg

Hello Gregg,

What an impressive creature. Owls seem wise to us. So "raptor" seems rather strange. Still, for the wayward mouse, death will come swiftly in a sudden shadow. What an amazing spread of wood colors. This is a favorite for me.

Asher

Gregg Simpson

06_1Ds_Raptors_0168.jpg

Hello Gregg,

What an impressive creature. Owls seem wise to us. So "raptor" seems rather strange. Still, for the wayward mouse, death will come swiftly in a sudden shadow. What an amazing spread of wood colors. This is a favorite for me.

Asher

Thanks for the comments, this shot has pride of place in my front room! "Raptors" this series was taken at a bird of prey club with other raptors, golden eagle, harris hawk, red tail crossed with something else,
barn owl etc. hence "raptors". The shot was taken at dusk, flash was used to turn day to night, the tether was hanging behind the branch and has been removed in PS.

Jean Henderson

Greg,

I love the eyes, too, but I am missing the end of the tail fathers for a sense of completeness. Still, very well done!

Jean