• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Comments on Exhibit Photos, Please

Jean Henderson

Our photo club hangs its annual exhibit on Oct. 4th. Any comments on these images which I plan to include? I will only post 4 of them for now.

IMG_0612.jpg

Morning Glory 2011

20101109-075630-20101112_MG_3152_1.jpg

It's Too Darned Hot

_MG_3885-Edit-2-Edit-Edit-Edit-Edit.jpg

Post Storm Sunset

_MG_3731-Edit-4.jpg

Day Lily Leaves

Many thanks in advance!

Jean

Ruben Alfu

Hi Jean,

I think 2 to 4 would be great additions to the exhibit, "It's Too Darned Hot" is too darned good! IMHO, the flower is a nice shot too, but not up to par.

Regards,

Ruben

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Jean,

I have taken the liberty of making a sepia version of your flower for your consideration. Here the composition used textures and brightness.

IMG_0612sepia.jpg

Jean Henderson: Morning Glory 2011

Edited by ADK in Sepia

Just another idea for you. No doubt you have plenty of other of these flower pics, so perhaps one of then might work better for you either in color or in monochrome or sepia, fro example.

Asher

Bob Rogers

2 is great! The composition is perfect, and I didn't notice the steam until I read the title. Great color rendition too.

The first one I don't care for so much because part of the flower is cut off.

Jean Henderson

My apologies to all

Please forgive me for not getting back here before now. Just as soon as I posted these, my modem died, the exhibit got hung, the opening happened -- and so did life.

Ruben, thanks for your honesty on the flower shot as well as your kind words about the lobster shot.

Asher, I tired to do a B/W version of the morning glory after the fact, but had enough common sense not to include it in the show in either version.

Melancholy, huh, Ben? I missed that but couldn't not see it once you said it!

Bob, thank you for your glowing comments on the lobster shot.

Tracy, I never even thought about focus stacking as I am still in the beginning stages of learning to shoot close ups -- so thank you. I have, at least, read about how to do it and will give it a try soon.

Thanks to one and all!
Jean