• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Hello from central California coast

Hello everyone:

I'm Mike and I hail from the Monterey Bay area of CA. I too found this forum somewhat by accident by following a link from a post Mr. Kelman had on the Leica User forum.
Though I don't shoot professionally, I do take my photography seriously, beyond a hobby, more of an obsession ;)
I sense there will be much I can learn here and I hope that maybe I too on occassion might have some tidbits to share. Nice to be here!

Mike

Brian Lowe

Hello Micheal,

Welcome to OPF, you certainly have some wonderful golf courses up there in Monterey do you photograph any of them? If you do I would love to see some of them posted here on OPF.

-Brian-

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Thanks for coming over! You are so welcome Michael.

We have a lot of talented OPF members arounf the S.F. Silicon Vallet area. contact mike spinak to join them on a shoot. These are the nicest guys you'll meet.

How far are you from S.F.?

Feel free to submit your pics in the appropriate forum.

Asher

Thank you for the welcome Asher and Brian.

Brian: Yes there definitely some fine golf courses in our area but I must admit I've not photographed many of them. Funny that you should mention golf though...it's what I do for a living but you'll never see me on T.V. ;) I work for our local municipal golf course, the Salinas Fairways...a fairly decent muni but not of the standards one might associate with the Monterey peninsula or Carmel Valley. Nonetheless we're rather proud of it.
I do tend to photograph mainly our local surroundings here in Monterey county and I seem compelled to photograph our california missions.

Asher: I'm located almost exactly 100 miles south of S.F., roughly 50-60 miles south of the silicon valley.
I'm sorry but I really don't have a website to share with everyone but I do have a basic flickr account where I post things once in a while. I'll need to remember to add that link to my signature. Thank you for asking.

Mike