• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Camera Gifts! Who's buying what?

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
There are so many neat digicams and the Pentax, Olympus, Canon, Leica and other DSLR offerings are attractive. So who is buying?

Asher

Brian Lowe

Funny you ask this question today, I am having a talk with Santa tonight and see if he's going to get me a Canon 600mm L f/4.0 lens. If Santa is in a good mood I may have the lens before I leave on my trip to Costa Rica.

-Brian-

While Santa is at it, find out if there's a x 1.4 extender in the bag too and a Wimberly side kick and beanbag too!

Asher

Jan Luursema

Oh I'm just switching some lenses, the 50/1.4 is just out, the 24/2.8 will soon be too. Just like the 100/2.8 macro probably, I'll use tubes for closeups.
In: 28/1.8, 85/1.8, 17-40. And the 24-105 will probably go too.
Before the end of december hopefully a 300/4 IS, if finances permit (just before the end of the European rebates).

Then I'll have a fresh new year to think about new lenses to buy and old lenses to sell :p (although I'll probably keep it more quiet than this year, I'm full frame now and will be for a long time and have tried a lot of lenses, so I about know what I like and don't like now)

I still want something like the Ixus 850 IS, but I'll save the money for the more important stuff for now!

I also have to buy a new PC soon, with those 5D files..

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
I loaded up with equipment since I am setting up a studio the last few months. I ordered the 50 1.2 so maybe that will be in. For the twin granddaughters I was hoping to find some older p&s digitals new on close out some where. At age 10 it's time for them to be behind the lenses a little bit. Their mom has my old G2 and loves it. The budget is only $100 per camera.