• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Just for Fun No C&C will be given: Conceal and Reveal

original.jpg

Snowed Under​

An experiment with fresh snow. Cloudy conditions, so snow texture was not an option with available light.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Tom,

I do hope you found more views like this as it's not convenient to set this up otherwise. Great quick eye.

Asher

Mark Hampton

original.jpg

Snowed Under​

An experiment with fresh snow. Cloudy conditions, so snow texture was not an option with available light.

Tom,

simple and direct - i think there is in this a tension that the tonal range doesn't get to.

i think when you get that this will slay with a whisper.

well made

Thank you for looking and also for your thoughtful comments, Asher and Mark. There's something about fresh snow that I can't shake, despite the passage of the years.

A variation on the theme -

original.jpg

Cedar and Snow​

Do you suppose this might be a little too minimal? I read somewhere that, "When less is more, then nothing is everything".

Thank you Cem, I followed your David Ward link and thought that the images at his gallery looked familiar. Then I found a copy of "Landscape Beyond" in my library. I probably read it through when I got it, and then simply let it sit on the shelf for some months. Oddly, though the images were more or less forgotten, their influence remain, evidently.

Every once in a while I "see" an inspiring subject, and follow up with a careful composition that, to my knowledge, comes entirely from within. And then, sometime later, I'll find a barely-remembered image by someone else that effectively mirrors my recent effort. It is almost as if a gestalt of some sort has been established by the subconscious mind. Do you find that happening in your experience?

Cem_Usakligil

Thank you Cem, I followed your David Ward link and thought that the images at his gallery looked familiar. Then I found a copy of "Landscape Beyond" in my library. I probably read it through when I got it, and then simply let it sit on the shelf for some months. Oddly, though the images were more or less forgotten, their influence remain, evidently.

Every once in a while I "see" an inspiring subject, and follow up with a careful composition that, to my knowledge, comes entirely from within. And then, sometime later, I'll find a barely-remembered image by someone else that effectively mirrors my recent effort. It is almost as if a gestalt of some sort has been established by the subconscious mind. Do you find that happening in your experience?
I am certain of it, it happens to me all the time just like you have described it. :)

I too have that book by David Ward and I am sure that it has left its marks in my psyche. I thought that your pictures looked so similar, now I know why.