• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Hello from Elkridge, MD

Chet Hall

Well I joined a week or so ago and decided to introduce myself. I am Chet Hall from the city of Elkridge located south of Baltimore MD. I have been into photography only for about 5 years. I started with a Sony Digital P/S camera and I am working my way up to either the 1D MK2 N or I might wait and see what is coming out around Jan/Feb_06 time frame from Canon. I have learned enough to get me into trouble with my time and the wife…this is related to the time in reading and taking a hell of a lot of pictures and reviewing the right equipment to purchase. The second part of the pervious statement keeps in hot to warm water with the wife. I have spent from Oct 04 to present working with the 20D and it has been a joy! OPF seems to have a pretty good start and I will be checking in and out often. I have plenty to learn and my hopes are I can pick up some tips from you and the members; I have liked what I have read from your members so far…Thanks!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Chet,

You are entirely welcome here, your wife too. she's be happy with us I'm sure! We are not gear collectors on this forum. At least I hope not!

The 1D mark II is a fabulous camera and you might look at a used one. This would be a great choice if you need fast focus and frame rate. The files are very good.

Now the 5D is fullframe and one of the bet camera ever. It is especially good for wide angle since it is full frame.

Let us know what you will be shooting then what you will do with the pcitures and you might get suggestions on camera and lens choice.

BTW, all the pro lenses are bought very fast if put up for sale again, with no or moderate loss. So there is not a large risk in owninf expensive glass!

Good luck!

Asher