• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Forest Diamond

Jarmo Juntunen

Something I came accross on a recent hike.

_medium.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Something I came accross on a recent hike.

_medium.jpg

Jarmo Juntunen: Forest Diamond

Jarmo,

Such finds, especially lit by filtered light like that, are indeed little treasures. Could you share other images taken of this find? I'd love to see how you worked the challenge.

Are you able to return? Early in the morning there might be dew drops too? I wonder whether those angled and parallel branches, could make a balancing repeat pattern to counterweight the architecture built into the delicate web.

Asher

Jarmo Juntunen

Asher, you're certainly right about the time of the day. This one was shot nearly at noon, when light is definitely not pleasing. Luckily the dense forest canopy filtered some of the harshest light.