• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Another Church Shot

HDR attempt
_MG_0225-1-HDRa.jpg

Community Church By Cody White​

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Bloody HDR has a lot to answer for, Cody. Ditch it and concentrate on some mood lighting. Nothing like a few dark shadows to stir the witch's brew. Technically, there's a few things here that might help. Clean your sensor for a start. I have a feeling the verticals might work better if they were vertical. Get a bit more contrast across the image with a bit of a twig with the curves adjustment layer and get that sky working for you with a bit of gloomy detail. Churches can be such miserable places. Get that right and you are on a winner.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
HDR attempt
_MG_0225-1-HDRa.jpg

Community Church By Cody White​

Cody,

I'm a sucker for the Sienna light on the left side of the picture. Was it there, that great color, or you juiced it up?

As for dust bunnies, what on earth are you doing shooting with an aperture smaller than 5.6, LOL. that way who cares about dust! Also given the tiny senseless, you won't get hit by diffraction issues. :) for architectural shots I would try to have the structure orthogonal by using photoshop perspective correction or else, if you are fortunate, use a tilt shift.

Actually, a used speed Graphic 4x5 film camera for $150 has tilt shift and swing and a lens to boot! They can load your film in a processing lab!

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
So, Cody, looking now at your dark picture, I see I've been fooled! That wonderful golden light was just the witches brew HDR remnants of an incandescent light illuminating the wall at night? Now why on earth would they light just one tiny portion of the architecture???

Asher

So, Cody, looking now at your dark picture, I see I've been fooled! That wonderful golden light was just the witches brew HDR remnants of an incandescent light illuminating the wall at night? Now why on earth would they light just one tiny portion of the architecture???

Asher

I don't know why they only lit that area of the church, I can only assume they lit it for the door way.

As far as the vertical correction, I corrected it to the right side of the bell tower, I should of done a horizontal correction as well, but didn't like how it looked.