• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Wondering

George Holroyd

Ok, I'll "risk it". The following image is probably a good candidate for this forum since I'm not too sure about it myself. Although, I do like the emotion behind the image. I took this photo of my wife (in our Paris apartment) while we were having coffee at our table recently while we were contemplating a very big decision. Namely, whether or not to remain in Europe indefinitely or to return to our homeland.

no-5.jpg

George Holroyd: No. 5

From the series "33 Meters Squared"

Mark Hampton

Ok, I'll "risk it". The following image is probably a good candidate for this forum since I'm not too sure about it myself. Although, I do like the emotion behind the image. I took this photo of my wife (in our Paris apartment) while we were having coffee at our table recently while we were contemplating a very big decision. Namely, whether or not to remain in Europe indefinitely or to return to our homeland.

no-5.jpg

George,

pop the other one on this thread please !

hi btw !

cheers

Mark Hampton

no-5.jpg

George,

It didn't really need the context - there is tension written on skin. the V like motif of black. the occasional hairs. very solid work for me. only thing that may change is the extreme tonal range - that will depend on how its going to be finished (printed). its part of the subject and you make it the way you feel it should be made.

it feels like 35mm B&W - in the sense that its simplified - i don't mind that - but if there are more images this stark you may want to think how the breaks work together - how you use the tonal range will be a key.

thanks for putting both images up.

cheers

George Holroyd

Thank you, Mark. I appreciate your input and the compliment. Image number 5 is definitely the most radical. I think I've got others in the set that help strike a balance, such as this one (might as well go all in). Perhaps the below provides something of a middle ground without losing the aesthetic.

no-10.jpg

George Holroyd: No. 10

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Post # 3 already exists in another thread. If it stays hewer, then the entire thread would need to be NSFW. Do we want that. It might be better to run two parallel threads, with one NSFW so that people would be forewarned and we can still see everything we wish.

Asher

George Holroyd

Post # 3 already exists in another thread. If it stays hewer, then the entire thread would need to be NSFW. Do we want that. It might be better to run two parallel threads, with one NSFW so that people would be forewarned and we can still see everything we wish.

Asher

I edited post No. 3 into a link to the other thread.

Mark Hampton

I edited post No. 3 into a link to the other thread.

George,

thanks - the thing was I wanting to check how things worked - the space that you make in images seems to me to be as important as the detail.

and when there are 2 or 3 works then you can work with the images and space to construct a narrative.

the single image is really a dead end where commercial photography flourishes because of space issues. we read to fast in the 21st C.

looking at how you edit and the rhythm of a book will work better on the web.

have you looked at zines as opposed to mainstream publishing?

cheers

George Holroyd

No worries, Mark. I would've preferred to edit the thread title with "NSFW" and kept the image in post #3. Unfortunately, I couldn't do that and wanted to comply with Asher's request to keep the nude content contained within the Nude sub-forum.

If you happen to find yourself with some time to kill, my series (20 in all) is available for viewing in sequence on my web site. I am about to enter a new phase in my travels and feel that this particular project is nearing it's conclusion.

http://www.georgeholroyd.com/33meters2-no-1.html

I have considered the zine idea as well as self-publishing. I like the whole idea of the zine movement, but I had in mind a traditionally bound book in a small edition. Something in which I select the materials used, printing methodology, etc.. The book itself would be a work of art rather than just a vehicle for presentation.

Mark Hampton

No worries, Mark. I would've preferred to edit the thread title with "NSFW" and kept the image in post #3. Unfortunately, I couldn't do that and wanted to comply with Asher's request to keep the nude content contained within the Nude sub-forum.

If you happen to find yourself with some time to kill, my series (20 in all) is available for viewing in sequence on my web site. I am about to enter a new phase in my travels and feel that this particular project is nearing it's conclusion.

http://www.georgeholroyd.com/33meters2-no-1.html

I have considered the zine idea as well as self-publishing. I like the whole idea of the zine movement, but I had in mind a traditionally bound book in a small edition. Something in which I select the materials used, printing methodology, etc.. The book itself would be a work of art rather than just a vehicle for presentation.

I am looking at Zines at the moment .. i have fallen out of love with the idea of fine prints and fine books - the work tends to be good to w(a)nk over but not to live with - the raw life of work becomes sedate - the photons dead - its ok to collect but not to make..it seems to be a way for work to become negated

opps ...

LED screens do the same !

cheers

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Thank you, Mark. I appreciate your input and the compliment. Image number 5 is definitely the most radical. I think I've got others in the set that help strike a balance, such as this one (might as well go all in). Perhaps the below provides something of a middle ground without losing the aesthetic.

no-10.jpg

George Holroyd: No. 10

This picture is remarkable. I find it gripping and unique. kudos.

Asher