• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Free

Robert Watcher

This actually is a plastic newstand that delivers a local real estate newspaper - that sits outside of our local post office. While my wife Anne was taking a shot of a nearby metal stand where she had taken off her sandles and put them inside and then shot through the glass front - - - I noticed the peeled and faded lettering on the top front edge of this stand and took a shot, with the top of the newstand falling off into the top of the frame. I used a solarizing effect in post, for some visual impact.

13431844752770_free.jpg

Robert Watcher

I'm not quite sure what motivated Anne to take off her shoes and set them in the box - but she must have found something amusing in doing so. This was that shot that she was taking as I set up for the shot above.

13431851350338_feet.jpg

---------------

Edit : OK - I just went to the kitchen and asked Anne what made her think of putting the shoes in the box. She said that it had to do with the "Renters" & "Homes" signage on the newstand. She said "What do you first see when you go into a home, but empty shoes at the front door". So I guess that is why.

----------------------------

Tom dinning

Registrant*
I lay awake at night worrying about my abilities as a photographer when I see photos like this. I can't work out if I would be better as a 'visual artist' if I chose to take shots like this or chose not to.

'Bad taste is the ability to play the accordian and choosing not to.'
Anonymous (an ex-accordian player)

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I'm not quite sure what motivated Anne to take off her shoes and set them in the box - but she must have found something amusing in doing so. This was that shot that she was taking as I set up for the shot above.

13431851350338_feet.jpg

---------------

Edit : OK - I just went to the kitchen and asked Anne what made her think of putting the shoes in the box. She said that it had to do with the "Renters" & "Homes" signage on the newstand. She said "What do you first see when you go into a home, but empty shoes at the front door". So I guess that is why.

Bob,

Anne can't rebel against you at home, so this is her protest!

Tom,

Do they even have free magazine stands in Australia?

Asher

Tom dinning

Registrant*

Yes, Asher, but someone usually steals the stand, uses it for a doggy doo disposal facility or a safe to keep the flies of the newsagents lunch, but never to place shoes in (that grammar seems awkward ). Still, anything is fair game for the sake of good art - so I have heard.

Sam Hames

Yes, Asher, but someone usually steals the stand, uses it for a doggy doo disposal facility or a safe to keep the flies of the newsagents lunch, but never to place shoes in (that grammar seems awkward ). Still, anything is fair game for the sake of good art - so I have heard.

That might be a little dramatic - around brisbane there's a free newspaper distributed in that way. (Now that I think about the content of said paper it amounts to what Tom said anyway!)

I love the shoes. It's certainly challenging - the reflection adds a strong element of purpose behind it too - these are meant to be here!