• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

summer-evening-dream?

Wolfgang Plattner

Hi,

backlight sometimes creates strange impressions, reality turns slightly towards dreaming ...

p233034614-5.jpg

more backlightdreaming by Wolfgang Plattner on Zenfolio

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Wolfgang,

This picture is clean and sharp and so well delivered. To me, it's so defined that it gets my attention and I'm drawn in, but alert and awake. In fact, your clarity is remarkable.

The feelings of a "dream state" might not be generally experienced by most other observers either. That, however, is not a necessary condition for embracing your work! In fact I like it very much!

Your entire series that you link to shows a better sense of sequential actions. This should be seen in toto do get the best feelings. This reminds me of the significant works by the late Elliott Erwitt, "Sequentially Yours".

51BvFOomINL._SS400_.jpg

31JFl0KhrkL._SS400_.jpg

Asher

Michael Nagel

Wolfgang,

What makes this one different to many similar backlight settings I saw until now is that you preserved detail in the foreground and the shadows which add a lot to the entire impression for me.

(Virtual) Hat tip for this one!

Best regards,
Michael