• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Slave to the device

Slave to the device
slave_to_the_device_by_philosomatographer-d5a4a9w.jpg

This is one of my favourite recent candid shots, which is also "proves" the message it tries to convey: Going to lunch with a friend or colleague, everybody has to contend with the allure of the ever-invasive mobile device. So much so, that the person using it is not even aware of his photograph being taken with a rather large camera + ultra-wideangle lens combination :)

Mark Hampton

Slave to the device
slave_to_the_device_by_philosomatographer-d5a4a9w.jpg

This is one of my favourite recent candid shots, which is also "proves" the message it tries to convey: Going to lunch with a friend or colleague, everybody has to contend with the allure of the ever-invasive mobile device. So much so, that the person using it is not even aware of his photograph being taken with a rather large camera + ultra-wideangle lens combination :)

david - well made - i guess the irony is you were also being a slave to the device - yours was a camera.

david - well made - i guess the irony is you were also being a slave to the device - yours was a camera.

Very true, yes! Admittedly, my camera is always with me (fairly out of sight) until I spot potential photographs like these - so it's not quite the same as being actively distracted by a mobile device - but I get what you are saying :)

Debbie and I were out of that ring(smartphone) for almost 4 years. Just recently I dove back in with a HTC One S for both of us. It has it's ups and downs. We both try not to indulge too much. The main reason for me wanting to get them was the video chat through google. I get to see my son at each break from work for 15-30 minutes.

Great photograph, the distortions from the wide angle work to your advantage in this one. The device is up front and in charge here, with the controler being off is some blurred distant land. I'm sure that his surroundings seem, to him, as we see him in the image.

Michael Nagel

Great picture and iconic for quite a few places on the world of today.
Ironically I saw this on such a device...

Best regards,
Michael