• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Buoys - A Study in Light, Form and Texture

Paul Abbott

I found these buoys resting up against a fisherman's shack, somewhere in St. Andrew, New Brunswick. I thought they made a nice study in light, form and texture...

buoyswood1of1640.jpg

Buoys - St. Andrew NB. Canada '12 - Paul Abbott

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I found these buoys resting up against a fisherman's shack, somewhere in St. Andrew, New Brunswick. I thought they made a nice study in light, form and texture...

buoyswood1of1640.jpg

Buoys - St. Andrew NB. Canada '12 - Paul Abbott

Paul,

The textures work for me and also the tapering forms of the buoys. I wonder if the latter is sufficient to account for the buoys flowing vertically and the right way up or do they need to put metal in the lower end?

Asher

Paul Abbott

I guess all I can say about the buoys, is that they are weighted. For those that are attached to nets, I guess it would be the netting that weighs them down in the water...

Asher Kelman

I guess all I can say about the buoys, is that they are weighted. For those that are attached to nets, I guess it would be the netting that weighs them down in the water...

Yes, I've been looking up the makeup of buoys and they are wighted especially is they serve some special function. There are so many sophisticated versions, from those with lights, seismological instruments, navigation guides and more.

Asher

Paul Abbott

I'm buoyed by your answer, Asher. It carries weight in this discussion...:D

Without a doubt, there is interest to be found in anything, buoys are no exception I guess. A lot of them have no doubt become state of the art pieces of equipment, and as you say, 'sophisticated' too. I'm happy to have captured these old and worn types in this photograph...:)

Regards...

Asher Kelman

I also failed to mention the obvious that any Freudian would no doubt have mentioned immediately. These are amongst varied-shaped examples anyone has ever collected in one place!

Asher