• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Art with intent.

Tom dinning

Registrant*
If I post a photo here which has the intention of thanking someone and for no other reason, is it considered art?

Thanks, Asher.

_DSC1023 by tom.dinning, on Flickr​

See. I even stuck it in the middle for you.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hello Tom,

Is this the Beach near Darwin?

See. I even stuck it in the middle for you.

That is really kind! I like to see pictures presented with respect as they are, when artistic, capable then of breathing. So they have territory around them and so have an independent life of their own allowed for them. Stuck in a corner, pictures are stifled.

Now, so nicely presented, this thing may very well outlive you and someone will, no doubt, write his/her Ph.D. thesis on the forces at play and metaphors that form the structure and fabric of this work.

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I have to now comment on the picture itself together with the intent.

If I post a photo here which has the intention of thanking someone and for no other reason, is it considered art?

It's art if it moves us!

The water forms are like suspended birds in flight! I love it!

Now, a simple thanks! :)

Asher