• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Insects

Eugene Ye

Hi All,

Some insects that I captured at my backyard. Did some lighting and tried to be riskily creative, but not sure whether I have pull it off. Critiques and comments are loved. Thanks! cheers :)

DSC06319640428.jpg

DSC06325640428.jpg

DSC0630111524524.jpg

// eugene

Eugene Ye

Taken at my backyard at around 7pm to 9pm Malaysian time. Intermittent wind.
Tamron 90mm at around 1:1 ratio.
Light source comes from my phone flash light, handheld. Continuous light. Sometimes light from front, side and sometimes back.
Camera on tripod.
Do not know what animal they are.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Taken at my backyard at around 7pm to 9pm Malaysian time. Intermittent wind.
Tamron 90mm at around 1:1 ratio.
Light source comes from my phone flash light, handheld. Continuous light. Sometimes light from front, side and sometimes back.
Camera on tripod.
Do not know what animal they are.

Thanks for the details, Eugene,

You were brave as these look like some type of wasp and might sting. did you see the color of the central object. Is it green, like a pod they might be eating from or could it be a chrysalis of some insect, or one of their own?

Asher

Eugene Ye

Hi Asher,

Sorry, I was out of town for some time.
Yep, they look like wasps to me but I can't be sure. I don't remember the colours. Somehow, they didn't attack me but just kept crawling around the nest to avoid me and the light.