• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Street Lamp from below

Jarmo Juntunen

Michael, most impressive! However, while technically very well executed it seems to be lacking something. Some point of interest if you get my meaning.

Michael Nagel

My point of interest was the weathered structure of the pole and this is the reason why I chose a shallow DoF.
Another thing is the triangle created by both lamps and the part of the pole which is in focus.

It is not that obvious, it was an experiment and that's it ;)

Thanks for pointing it out.

Best regards,
Michael

Cem_Usakligil

You know Michael, this photo has interested me and jogged my imagination because of the simplicity and starkness. What I saw here, please don't laugh at me, is a post-apocalyptic Victorian age world, dark and sinister. I am looking into the eyes of a robotic/mechanical Pinocchio, whose iron nose is extending for the lies he tells.

Jarmo Juntunen

My point of interest was the weathered structure of the pole and this is the reason why I chose a shallow DoF.
Another thing is the triangle created by both lamps and the part of the pole which is in focus.

It is not that obvious, it was an experiment and that's it ;)

Thanks for pointing it out.

Best regards,
Michael

Fair enough, Michael! The structure is indeed interesting and I'm glad you're happy with the result. Like I said, technically this picture is flawless.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Sam, Cem,

The aspect of feeling watched played a role here - more on my subconcious, but it was there.

I had the same impression daytime here:

Michael,

It's not often that the faces we see in poor light are is impressive bright backgrounds. Here, the eyes are so powerful that we believe there's a will and volition behind that persistant full unwavering stare. I'd even assert that it's more effective. Perhaps the blue sky allows the light to assume more viable lifelike form.

Asher