• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Nature

Chris Calohan

8644861241_b2bd54794f_c.jpg

Stealth: Chris Calohan​

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
8644861241_b2bd54794f_c.jpg

Stealth: Chris Calohan​

Chris,

It's fascinating immediately with the patterns of stones, water and mysterious form, like a coat and scarf or and seal or both. In the end what appears to be the head is grotesque and frightening and the enquiry stops.

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Does this keep the inquiry alive?

8646119360_692fe49e7f_c.jpg

Koi Abstract: Chris Calohan​

Absolutely!

Chris, one slit of harsh darkness over it's head was the frightening element! It's in fact, quite the opposite, a gentle transient shading on the waters' ripples from sunlight! This is an excellent example of why color to B&W conversions can be better made, sometimes, by assigning colors to shades of gray and not relying on a filter to do it for us.

So the picture is now alive and inviting once more, and I'll return to it shortly.

Asher

Chris Calohan

I've played a bit with some cross processing, almost but not quite into duotoning. What do you think of this B&W conversion?

8647997385_f684daa8b9_c.jpg

A Stealthy Revisit: Chris Calohan​