• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Roll Stock

Not sure where this should go. I put it here because these are still my first few rolls of film.

this one was with Ilford 3200.

8654597984_f9072bb739_c.jpg

Michael Nagel

Jake,

for me this has something of hesitation what to show - the size of the hall or the domination by the towering rolls.

The grain which worked fine for the portrait is less of use here from my point of view - others may differ.
The fine structure of the roof and the tonalities from the light on the roll is dominated by the grain.

I remember that using a Fuji Neopan 1600 I had better results in such light - at just one EV less sensitivity.

Best regards,
Michael

Jake,

for me this has something of hesitation what to show - the size of the hall or the domination by the towering rolls.

The grain which worked fine for the portrait is less of use here from my point of view - others may differ.
The fine structure of the roof and the tonalities from the light on the roll is dominated by the grain.

I remember that using a Fuji Neopan 1600 I had better results in such light - at just one EV less sensitivity.

Best regards,
Michael

I can agree with all that you have stated. I shouldn't have even taken the image but screw my works policies!!! Well not really as that's why I took it so quickly.

As I don't have my own darkroom yet I can't comment to much on the grain. I wonder if is more present here than a print would be as this was just the basic, cheapest, scan.

I'll have to try some Fuji Neopan.