• Guide: Pictures are the best way of describing what is for sale. Please describe any nicks, defects, missing parts and if a lens or camera, source and serial number, if available.

The recycling of unused gear helps this community! Good luck!
  • This forum is for contributors with a track record of substantial posts on phottography. Post such as "great picture" don't count. We routinely soft-delete "for sale" posts from those who have not, as yet, really participated as described above.
  • Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

FS (UK): Canon 20D with 10 months warranty!

Ben Rubinstein

pro member
Hi,

I have a Canon 20D boxed and with a 10 month Canon UK warranty for sale. The camera was a refurb but as mentioned has the above Canon warranty. The camera has been sent in to CPS as when I recieved it the stop down button was faulty, it was fixed and the camera was focus checked while there by my request. It is focus accurate with my 50mm 1.4 wide open and I don't think it gets better than that!

There are markings on the top of the camera courtesy of me using it as a 2nd wedding body over my shoulder, I got pushed against a brick wall mid ceremony and although the lens took most of the 'scraping', the camera recieved some too. The photo shows it as it is. Have to say that I was pretty annoyed as this was the cameras first job! Oh well, it's street cred innit!
Otherwise the camera is in perfect condition (even the hotshoe is unmarked as I've never used a flash on it) and is boxed with all the usual bits that come inside the box when new. I've noticed that I forgot to take the tripod QR shoe off before photographing the camera, it isn't included I'm afraid. I will however chuck in a hardly used Upstrap, the strap that will not slide off your shoulder whatever you do, it's worth £20 and is only available in the US.

I've bought another 5D hence the sale, I'm changing lenses for my second body and need FF for the focal length I'm using. My confidence in Canon Refurbs is such that it is one too! That Canon warranty is 100% worth it over ebay cameras or ones from abroad.

The price is a firm £400 plus paypal and shipping (£20), cash pickup from Manchester most welcome.

I have feedback here and on ebay under POMSBZ, please PM me, email on pomsbz @ yahoo.com or phone on 07929 666 959

canon1.jpg

canon2.jpg

canon3.jpg

canon4.jpg

Ben Rubinstein

pro member
OK folks, my new 5D just arrived, I've taken the new strap, battery charger and battery out from the box and put it into the 20D's box. To put it into perspective that is a brand new £50 battery (The canon ones are far better than 3rd party, I've been burnt there before in the past...) not a half used one as with other 2nd hand DSLR's.

As I've said, the new 5D has arrived and I kinda need to pay for the damn thing, please buy this hardly used and warrantied 20D!

Ray West

Hi Ben, et al,

It could be deleted. However there is then no evidence that you could later refer to, like " I've sold stuff here before". Also, later on, it gives an idea to folk about the price of things, how to word an advert, etc.

It could be edited, by a moderator, but most have enough to do.

Personally, I would like to see the final selling price, and if it was sold here, then perhaps the purchaser can give a bit of feedback too. At the end, if that happened, the price reducing or other chit-chat could be removed, so the interesting bits were left.

There are many options, one could be to pay for advertising here - say £1.00 per week, no pay, no ad, like in the magazines, then what?

At the moment, I think it sort of muddles along OK, but I suspect Asher, and I guess all of us, would not mind changing it.

As a matter of course, you have to have posted a few times, or otherwise be known to us, before you can advertise here.

Best wishes,

Ray