• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Not from Toronto :>))

Mark Tomalty

The gloves are already off and it's only my second post :>))

Being a born and bred Montrealer,our two fair cities (one eaily more fair than the other:>)) have
been butting heads for decades. Now they're even claiming to have better bagels and smoked meat !!

I've been a working photographer for over 25 years and have been shooting stock,exclusively,
for over 10 years. Prior to that I ran my own commercial studio shooting primarily food and
booze for the advertising market.

I shoot a mixed bag of medium and large format film cameras alongside a Canon 1DsMkll and a
couple of 5D's. Due to very good relationships with digital back reps,here,I've been fortunate
enough to log a fair bit of time with most of the current DB offerings but,still,have not made the
jump to ownership. The impulsive side of me wants one of each but the practical says,"what's
the point" when my income is derived from stock photography and clients are buying an image
based on a 3 inch web preview.
I scan my own film using an Imacom 848.

I am also starting to move into the print resale market and have been involved in a gallery
in Old Montreal called MilkImages (www.milkimages.com)

Mark

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Congratualtions on your montreal community project. MILK is a great name and I wish you great success in this wonderful venture.

Tell us about the backs you have tested. We are really trying to build up the MF section in OPF and your images and experience would be welcome. Rainer's knowledge is really super-expert and Leonardo is accomplished. We have a lot of other MF shooters and we value everyone!

So add in your experience even though you have not as yet gone beyond using the reps equipment. That in itself is a great resource to have available!

Welcome to you and we are all looking forward to hearing more about your work!

Asher