• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

TOHS Xmas Concert

Only a few days ago I was proud to present TOHS Jazz Band.

Now the rest of the TOHS musicians had their chance to celebrate the oncoming holidays.

Symphony Band, Wind Symphony and Wind Ensemble took turns in capturing the ears and hearts of the audience. And if my photography is any good, I hope you'll be able to catch a glimpse of that magic if you look through these photos (man, they way they played "The Eighth Candle" - I was speechless...)

Flute player:

116719217-L.jpg

Alto sax player:

116737146-L.jpg

Girl with a red hairband:

116736697-L.jpg

Bass player:

116736908-L.jpg

You can find the rest in the three top galleries here: http://nik.smugmug.com/School/21350

PS

Man, I love my new 100-400, as well as Canon's high ISO capabilities :)

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Nikolai, you have done a great job with these wonderful young musicians. Seeing these kids is a pleasure. I know they work very hard to put on a concert.

It's tough to focus on each player and capture something of an individual that seems personal.

However, you appear to have scored pretty well.

Asher

Asher,

thank you for looking and commenting!

Being backstage and having 100-400 mounted of Canon allows even the low light shots (I used ISO1600 this time) appear decent enough.

Cheers!