• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Below the Pier @ Whitby

Paul Abbott

Thanks, Cem.
It was the first time I had walked to the end of this pier noticing a ladder that led down underneath it. In the end I was happy to get a different angle on this place...I liked how all those lines worked together in they're different divisions.

Regards...

Steve Webb

Really nice picture Paul. All those lines make for many pictures in one frame. I have been back to view it many times and see something new each time.

The processing makes it look like it was taken in the 1950's.

Great job.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Pier - Whitby, Yorkshire '13 - Paul Abbott

Paul,

Am impressed with the invitation your picture gives to come in an explore. Each time we find more aspects to engage us. I wonder whether you might return at different times of the day and even when it's raining as everything would change, like Monet's Haystacks, but in monochrome.

Asher

Paul Abbott

Thanks for looking and commenting guys, I appreciate it...

Asher, that would be a good idea and I take on-board what you suggest. I know one aspect of your idea that has made me think a lot of, and that's to shoot this scene again in mist or fog.