• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Perspectives - Docklands, London '10

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Perspectives - Docklands, London '10 - Paul Abbott

Paul,

Well done! You clearly justify the use of color in your composition and it also has the continued angular experience of your earlier B&W architectural pictures of London's tall buildings.

The curve is beautiful and dynamic. One of your best! Have you considered making the building on the left utterly orthogonal to make the curve even more striking and sensuous?

Asher

Paul Abbott

I have had a go at correcting it but it's too tightly framed and I would lose a lot of the DLR train. Obviously, I should have stepped back a little and this has always been an issue I've had with this photograph. I haven't cared for it that much as a result neither...
Anyway, I just thought i'd post it up and get your thoughts on it. :)

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I have had a go at correcting it but it's too tightly framed and I would lose a lot of the DLR train. Obviously, I should have stepped back a little and this has always been an issue I've had with this photograph. I haven't cared for it that much as a result neither...
Anyway, I just thought i'd post it up and get your thoughts on it. :)

Actually, Paul,

You'd lose nothing as the building is a pattern repeat and so you could easily fill in any missing geometry in photoshop!

Asher