• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

October reflection

this is Mt. Shuksan, in the north Cascades of Washington State, near the Canadian border. i had the good fortune to be there when Picture Lake (yes, that's its real name) was perfectly still, and captured this wonderful reflection photo... 30D, Tamron 24-135 @ 24mm, 1/25 @ f16...

IMG_9123sm-1.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I love the picture. This is where I'd like a log cabin!

I'd still want a generator and my laptop!

I wonder if you have noticed that the contrast of the reflection of the snow caps in the water is superb and more impactful then the actual ones in the sky.

However, neither are really actual!

Asher

Don Ferguson Jr.

Very nice .I am curious why you did shutter priority instead of AV ?
You need to get a nice frame for this one for your wall .
Regards
Don

thanks, Don.

i'd been shooting shutter mode earlier in the day, and just never changed it. since i was shooting from a tripod, the shutter speed was really irrelevant, so i just turned the thumbwheel till i got the aperture i wanted. if i'd been shooting in Av mode, it would've resulted in the same exposure, i'd just have been changing the aperture half of the equation and letting the shutter speed float...

i do have this printed 12x18 and framed on a wall at work... ;)