• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

20D in shop!!

The warranty was about to run out on the EOS 20D and the 1785mm ef-s lens So I got a repair order # from canon , I sent it to them Via USPS priority service,they have recvd and acknowledge its in for service!
What I love is the terminology of the E-mail letter[ seee below:):)
[Dear Mr.lauren :

We have received your equipment for evaluation and repair. Based on our initial examination, we will start the necessary repairs at no charge to you. You can expect the repair to be completed and returned back to you within approximately 7 business days* from the date shown above. There is no need to respond to this notice.

Please note that in the unlikely event that any additional internal damage is found due to liquid/water, sand, corrosion, battery leakage or impact (such as dropping the unit), a revised estimate will be sent for your authorization, since these conditions are specifically excluded from warranty coverage.

Thank you for purchasing Canon products and for allowing us this opportunity to serve you.

Best Regards,
Canon Factory Service Center]

You gotta love todays Busness practices, I have no complaint About them CYA them selfs where some might try to sluff it over them some how?
Will let you how it makes out ::

Daniel Harrison

pro member
I suggest that if they don't find anything wrong with it that you will get charged a service fee. Anyway, was there anything wrong with your gear or did you just send it off for a service?