• Guide: Pictures are the best way of describing what is for sale. Please describe any nicks, defects, missing parts and if a lens or camera, source and serial number, if available.

The recycling of unused gear helps this community! Good luck!
  • This forum is for contributors with a track record of substantial posts on phottography. Post such as "great picture" don't count. We routinely soft-delete "for sale" posts from those who have not, as yet, really participated as described above.
  • Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

FS: Mamiya RZ67 Pro II system

Ken Doo

Great complete system!

Mamiya RZ67 Pro II camera
Mamiya 110mm lens
Mamiya 180mm lens
Hoods
Waist level finder
Prism meter finder
120 film back
220 film back
Mamiya Polaroid film back
Lindahl Bdouble-bellows

Bogen heavy duty 3046 tripod --big and stable!
Bogen 3047 three-way head with quick release

All items is great condition. May have some original boxes.

Call/email for questions.

Ken

Email: kendoophoto@sbcglobal.net
Phone: (831) 626-1844

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Before you sell of your heritage Ken, have you tried a Leaf back on it?

I just did and was so impressed!

Just a thought. But I hate to say goodbye to great equipment and friends too!

Good luck with your sale!

Asher

Ken Doo

Hi Asher,

I "shake my head" too in selling this system because it really is a great system. But I'm not able to find the time to shoot chromes much anymore, and this workhorse just isn't getting used enough. I have a Phase P30 on a Mamiya 645AFD; the RZ requires a different adapter than the 645AFD. Studio space at this time is at a premium, so I've decided to sell.... I'm still shaking my head, and probably should sell my Kodak Proback 645M too....

Best wishes for the New Year!

Ken

I also sold my RZII for AFD 645. My dealer directly said to me that RZ is an endangered model because the new Mamiya owners concluded that "only the 645 would be maintained". Mamiya USA contradicts that but admit that RB is dead.

I think that Mamiya could save the RZ if they only came out with a shift adapter that would fit not on the front of the camera but in the back. This way the larger image size of the RZ glass could be used for two killer-aps a) shift for PC and b) shift for stitch.

Even best would be a new body like Hasselblad's that would use RZ optics plus a digital back. There is a fish eye that could be used for architectural photography (sorry if you read my post about this before).

The problem with a 67 system is that there is no application that can "only be done" with the format. Before it was the king of magazine and commercial work, --and big in the family studio also-- Now, it is true, can also do digital, but don't think there is a lot of people that think that they "have to have" one any more, so basically the magnificent beast is condemned to extinction.

The other way to save the RZ would be if Mamiya made a "mini" scanning back that would shoot fast 40mp images...

Anyway, just sell it before it depreciates :)

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Is there no shift back for this?

I know this is wonderful with a Leaf Back and is great for Macro because of the focus built in!

If you like looking at a really bright screen, this is it!

Asher