• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Myself and Wishes for 2007

Antonio Correia

Let me wish you a Good and Happy 2007 with Health for your familly and yourselves.
Health is the best thing one can wish to others.
Well, that's what I think ...
I am Portuguese and he goes my picture, which is in fact my avatar as well.

116489830-S.jpg

Tim Smith

Best wishes to you too Antonio, and thanks for your wonderful photos of Portugal. They've led me to think it's a country I'd like to visit.

Happy New Year to all and may all your dreams come true. Peace.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I too wish to visit Portugal. The country is fascinating for me.

I only know things by distances. It's further away from England than Spain. It's just beyond my knowledge of history. Of course I know about some of the greatest naval explorers in history, but unlike spain which came to the British shores in battle and lost their famous armada and fought British warships all over the Caribbean and beyond, we never got to fight Portugal much if at all so they were beyond deeper knowledge.

Being embedded in British history, one could learn much about the Empire without traversing into Goa or other POortuguese territories. For litererature, Shakespeare and Irish poets seemed to be the creal we were fed. For philosophy we were adventorous and did reach Spinoza how we got there I never can remember!

So I have a lot to make up. There are so many Portugues artists, philosophers, singers, poets and others that have been beyond my world.

A visit therefore is in order!

Antonio's adventurous use of the camera, sometimes insightful and architecturally clean aometimes trite and even annoying fascinates me. He has us, in a way, do the filtering as he is showing his walks and thoughts through the camera. Professional generally regard this as rightfully selfish and lazy.

The only thing, Antonio, is keep out of the camera equipment section unless the shot gives us something about that camera or lens!! :)

I said way back that as a reward for Antonios devotion to a mastery of photograpy, he's been invited to join Andrew Rodney who until now has been the only OPF member with an avatar!

So back to you, Antonio, we expect a lot from you!

To everyone, I wish you a great and peaceful 2007 with our vision for our world and children safe and nurturing and more hopeful for the future. I wish your minds great thoughts for yourself, your family and your pictures and the will and skill to implement your dreams to reality!

Asher

"Good enough isn't"