• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Thanks

Doug Kerr

I would like to thank Bart, Asher, and Nicolas for your support of my technical writings, and Jerome for your insightful participation in some of the ensuing discussions.

Now, in keeping with the mantra of this forum, "A feast of photographs" I close with this:

Carla_fur_4588R640.jpg

Douglas A. Kerr: Carla in fur

Disclosure: no members of PETA were harmed in the making of this photograph.

Best regards and bon appétit,

Doug

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I would like to thank Bart, Asher, and Nicolas for your support of my technical writings, and Jerome for your insightful participation in some of the ensuing discussions.

Now, in keeping with the mantra of this forum, "A feast of photographs" I close with this:

Carla_fur_4588R640.jpg

Douglas A. Kerr: Carla in fur

Disclosure: no members of PETA were harmed in the making of this photograph.

Best regards and bon appétit,

Doug

Well Doug,

You have a great first course on the menu! Carla always looks lovely, especially in fabulous hats. Here the fair coat is rich and fits her attitude well. I have no issues with using animals for fur, as long as they are not killed in a painful manner. We are, after all, part of an eat or be eaten food ecosystem and people who think otherwise fail to grasp the natural beauty and brutality of life itself.

The lion should kill bambi but we can't kill rabbits? I worked stretching mink and muskrat and ermine furs before college to make money as a high school student. I have never felt any moral dilemma in doing so. Fur coats are beautiful on live animals and so gorgeous on the right woman.

Carla's picture here is great and uplifting, PETA, notwithstanding!

As to "technical notes", one could discuss backlighting and ways of increasing impact with curves, sharpening and more, but "as it is", the picture works and is impressive.

Asking the question, "How does one prepare this for the most superb printing at a certain size?", does require technical notes. Likely as not, Nicolas would achieve that most comfortably, Bart would say how the tools work and what options there are for achieving that desired result while you could then drill down and discover what that might mean in terms of the capability and specifications of the instruments we use.

However, if you had missed "the moment" and not taken this shot, there would be no groundwork for such discussion as to how such images might be optimized from the outset to the actual print to be mounted and hang on the wall!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Doug,

When you can deliver such a powerful image, then there's only a bright future for you, bringing a bolt of extravagant joy to us! This is what you're good at and Carla is a superb muse!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Well, Doug,

Now you've propelled yourself on a new journey of artistic discovery. My wife was photographed too much as a child, posing for hours for the 11x14 Deardoff her father used. So I am stuck with having no one like your Carla. Fortunately, several fine women have volunteered to fill the position and my wife is generous to provide clothes from her wardrobe, although not such a fur coat ...........until now!

Asher

Doug Kerr

Hi, Asher,

Now you've propelled yourself on a new journey of artistic discovery. My wife was photographed too much as a child, posing for hours for the 11x14 Deardoff her father used. So I am stuck with having no one like your Carla. Fortunately, several fine women have volunteered to fill the position . . .
Ah! We have discovered the real meaning of "fine art". (Actually, I knew that all along.)

. . . and my wife is generous to provide clothes from her wardrobe, although not such a fur coat ...........until now!

Well, it sounds as if things are moving along a good groove!

Best regards,

Doug