• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Hello from Chicago, IL

Ignacio Alvarez

Hello everyone, my name is Ignacio Alvarez. First of all, thanks to the moderator Asher Kelman for allowing me to join this forum. I am a photographer from the great city of Chicago, Illinois and also a photography instructor at Truman College, one of Chicago’s City Colleges. I love photography which is why I teach. I want people to learn how to express themselves through their camera, help them to fully understand their equipment and the technical aspects of photography. I do not have a personal page, however from time to time you can see some of my pictures in different WebPages. The most recent of my photographs can be found at this site, http://www.calumetphoto.com/photooftheweek

If any of you know of a place where I can post large images free of charge (not Fliker, one of my sons shows his images there http://www.flickr.com/photos/alvarez/ ), I would truly appreciate it.

Ignacio A

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Welcome Ignacio!

Glad to have you with us, especially a photography instructor. I am looking forward to your insights in what people show and ideas for better expression and delivery.

Yes, image galleries can be an issue. Some people have had difficulty in loading images from Fliker.

We'll start a new thread on that topic!

Asher

Greetings from SoCal

Active photog + photography teacher: what a great combo!
Welcome to OPF, hope you'll like it here.

As to your question: while there are free photo sharing sites (Google's Picasa, or PhotoBucket, or Ofoto to name a few), my personal approach here is "you'll get what you paid for". I personally have a Pro account at Smugmug (unlimited storage and order fulfillment were the the key features that got me "sold":) and I'd say it's worth every penny.

Hope you'll find what you want soon enough!

Cheers and Happy New Year!