• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Meyer Trioplan 50mm catches last autumn sunrays

Dr Klaus Schmitt

Just after a short rain. Shot fully open (f2.9)

15136278069_ccdeeacca1_o.jpg

15322704042_c67e7339c3_o.jpg

15136476727_380a8e0b11_o.jpg

15136430978_ac47ee301a_o.jpg

15136478617_e6e2b351cc_o.jpg

Full set is here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/kds315/with/15136478617/

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
It's pleasing to see that one does not need a long lens for these effects, Klaus! This makes it so practical for a small mirrorless digital camera.

Is their a defocus blur adjustment in this lens?

Asher

Dr Klaus Schmitt

No there isn't such. It is a simple triplet design, so all comes with that for free (if used wisely...). Covers full format btw.!!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Klaus,
I've
How on earth do you change style if there's no aperture control? I thought the aperture was set at 2.8?

Asher

Dr Klaus Schmitt

One gets used to lenses w/o aperture control; working with projection lenses has helped a lot.
It just needs a mental shift away from using the lens, but changing the composition/position of the photographer vs object vs background.
I like (self-inflicted) restrictions, they enhance creativity ;-)

And here is a special one....

15322702252_eb76089c2a_o.jpg

Dr Klaus Schmitt

Purely distance, or stop rings?

Wonderfully atmospheric and the colors! Wowie!

Chris, just shooting position vs foreground vs background and also getting the light into the right angle.
Just the lens, no rings. A simple 4-dimensional optimization, that's all...

Admittedly, it was a very special atmosphere, just after a rain storm, when the sun broke through with full intensity.
A small but intense micro-hurricane we also had, which destroyed a wonderful old Cornus tree - sad.

Btw. this lens is highly underrated still, all world (esp. in Asia) rushes after the 2.8/100mm Trioplan, but this one can still
be had for little - not for very long I guess. Get the later, coated version...