• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Leaves Part II

Crystal Rain

crystalrain.jpg

Crystal Rain ©Maggie Terlecki 2014​

Chris Calohan

Your graphic quality in both the image and the border, pulls the wholeness of the image into a singular view. So very nice and refreshing in the constant of "simplicity."

Paul Abbott

Hey Maggie, this is a stunning image. I do think there is too much leaf on show at the top and I think it would benefit from a 1:1 crop. I know the leaves structure have a certain fascination but maybe you can check it out and see what you think.
Anyway, nice one, Maggie.

Hey Maggie, this is a stunning image. I do think there is too much leaf on show at the top and I think it would benefit from a 1:1 crop. I know the leaves structure have a certain fascination but maybe you can check it out and see what you think.
Anyway, nice one, Maggie.

I really liked the amount of leaf as I really liked how elegant they felt. I have cropped to a 1:1 and it works this way too, but I think it focuses mostly on the drops. I guess it depends on what feel you want the final to be. Right now, I'm still happy with the way it is, not cropped at all, as composed in camera but I may change my mind in the future :)
crystalrainsquarecrop.jpg
Crystal rain cropped 1:1 ©Maggie Terlecki 2014

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I really liked the amount of leaf as I really liked how elegant they felt. I have cropped to a 1:1 and it works this way too, but I think it focuses mostly on the drops. I guess it depends on what feel you want the final to be. Right now, I'm still happy with the way it is, not cropped at all, as composed in camera but I may change my mind in the future :)

crystalrainsquarecrop.jpg

Crystal rain cropped 1:1 ©Maggie Terlecki 2014​

Maggie,

Paul knows structure better than I do, but in this case, a lot of elegant thoughts get lost with that crop, otherwise justified.

In particular the cropped version lacks the elegance of a long dress, lithe legs and dropped diamond earrings seen below:

crystalrain.jpg

Crystal Rain ©Maggie Terlecki 2014​

The length gave the original all these attributes and then champagne and an introduction to the prince!

Asher

Maggie,

Paul knows structure better than I do, but in this case, a lot of elegant thoughts get lost with that crop, otherwise justified.

In particular the cropped version lacks the elegance of a long dress, lithe legs and dropped diamond earrings seen below:

The length gave the original all these attributes and then champagne and an introduction to the prince!

Asher

I very much compose intuitively, and normally quite confident about that and to me the long one feels right. The 1:1 looks good but when you compare them, I also find you lose too much of what makes it special. It's okay to take a look though, perhaps I would have liked it better and would not have known if I hadn't tried and it didn't hurt. :)
Maggie

Beautiful! What will you do with this image...will end up on a calendar or something?

James

Thank you, James. The border will be deleted and I will print and add to my portfolio. The border is added so where ever I show it, it has this barrier against whatever type of background may be available. I'm glad you like it! :)
Maggie