• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Lightfast Crayons, Pencils and paints for Prints!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Who is using other media to complete their fine art photographs?

Since photography is making the picture, who has experience with adding other inks, colors and media?

Asher

Diane Fields

Asher Kelman said:
Who is using other media to complete their fine art photographs?

Since photography is making the picture, who has experience with adding other inks, colors and media?

Asher

Asher, this is certainly part of my interest. I'm taking a bookbinding course, but with the intent to bring my textile arts background back into play, i.e., to create 'artists books". There is an excellent book that may be helpful--I'm not yet at that stage--but these 2 have a lot of information on this subject ( I will also be creating my own printing substrates, printing on textiles, metals, other papers, etc.--plus using other media, papers like vellum overlays, tipping in and .......) .

"Digital Art Studio" by K. Schminke, D. S. Krause, B.P. Lhotka and "Digital PHoto Art" by Theresa Airey. Both are availabe at Amazon.

Diane