• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Att Roger Lambert (cellphone pictures)

Jörgen Nyberg

Some snaps with my new Samsung Z-720, looks like it can be useful for snaps.
Need to test it some further in decent light.

Foto0054.jpg

Foto0057.jpg

Foto0067.jpg

A bit oversharpened, I know, used my usual webmacro that reduces and sharpens.

Jörgen

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Jörgen,

Interesting. Sharpening these might be hazardous. Still theres plenty detail for snapshots.

Does it have some EXIF info to say how the images were taken and are there any camera options?

Asher

Jörgen Nyberg

Sry Asher, no real exif, only metermode and exposure program.

Not much options to talk about.
Exposure program: normal or night.
Focus: Panoramic or auto.
Whitebalance: sun, cloudy, indoors, halogen and auto.
Some different mosaic and seriesshooting.
Blacknwhite, sepia or negative.
Timer: 3, 5 or 10 sec.

Jörgen

Roger Lambert

Thank you for posting these, Jorgen. :)

These seem pretty impressive for a phone cam. While it appears that the quality may be limited by the quality of the lens, for typical "snaps" the results seem more than adequate.

How do you find the phone, er, cam, for portraits and street scenes?

Have you ever tried printing up some of your phone images? Do you think the lens is the limiting factor here?

Thanks for remembering me. :)

Jörgen Nyberg

You're welcome Roger ;-)

This isn't a cam with phone, it's very much a phone with camera. If one should want a more camera lookin/feeling thingy, then it's the Samsung 710. That has a swivel screen that makes the whole backside into a display, in camera mode (looks very much lika a compact), and has many controls (but too low batterytime for my liking).

But I'm quite happy with my phone/cam, in decent lighting, I think it can match the low end compacts. Haven't tried printing yet (just got it last weekend), but it will work for 4x6.

If you want to, I can send you an original sized copy of the pond shot.

Jörgen