• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Greetings from Washington DC

Thomas Trostel

Hello everyone,

I came across this site a bit by accident. If you wonder its all Alain Briot's fault. A search on the web brought up both his name and some notes about the new Epson 3800 printer .. both of which are of great interest at the moment.

Here's a little something from the Nation's Capitol. I'm partway through my first real portfolio and still trying to decide which images capture the mood best.

366147704_da40bcfe95.jpg

Lincoln Memorial 1
Washington DC​

Happy Shooting!

Tom Trostel

Thomas Trostel

Hmm ... okay here's another one for today then. I'm trying to get a seasonal series from the same spot which is proving a little difficult. A gentle coat of snow or light snowstorm, which would be ideal for winter, hasn't happened this year.

This image is of Independence Park in Washington DC. There is a small island in the middle of this man made lake (seen on the right side of the image center with the reeds swathing it) where a monument to the signers of the Declaration of Independence lay arrayed in a granite semi-circle. Its one of the lesser known land marks here but on warmer days is a favorite spot for the local workers ... some who just come here to eat lunch ... and others who like to get in a bit of exercise by taking a few laps around the scenic banks.

For display it is printed on Hahnemuehle Photo Rag at 13"x19" with an Epson R1800 using OEM pigment inks and then mounted on archival board. I had the great fortune to work with one of my local framing friends who has been in the industry for 20+ years and we worked out how to attach the images without heat damage due to dry mounting. Its such a shame to hide such a wonderful texture and color behind glass!

367161464_5d18faddf7.jpg

Independance Park - Fall

Happy Shooting

Tom Trostel