• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Canon 28-70L front focus at tele end

Pawel Woj

I have been reading forums and other boards and read about the experiences of front focus/back with this lens at the telephoto end (70). I sent in my lens for calibration and it came back basically the same. My 70-200 2.8 IS is fine and so is my 17-40 , so is there something inherent in this lens that leads to focus issues at the telephoto end?? I have not done any formal tests but indoors it is considerably softer at 70 and very sharp at 28mm, my tamron 28-75 also exhibited no issues at the telephoto end.

I am using this lens on a canon 5d. It is very sharp even at 2.8 28mm. 28-50 range seems better. Can anyone comment on their experiences with this lens?

Pawel Woj

No I did not , i would imagine if it were a body issue it would occur with the other lenses also. I cannot part with my body for almost 3 weeks now ,I have got a shoot coming up. Besides the body is out of warranty.

Did You send the body and lens for calibration at the same time?

Will Thompson

Well Known Member
The adjustments are quite elaborate and there are different settings in the camera for different lenses as well as across the board settings.

Depending on the problem it is possible for a body setting problem to only show up with only a certain lens or lens model.

Pawel Woj

I will consider that route, but first try it on a different body and see how it behaves.

Last edited: