• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Gitzo GT3540XLS (or, is my dealer clairvoyant?)

Back in November last year, I asked my most used photo-dealer for a quote on the new Gitzo X6 series 3540XLS carbon fiber tripod. Due to family circumstances, I've been kind of difficult to contact and maybe wasn't too clear on the exact model I was looking for. Back then, the info about the X6 series was also kind of hard to get, so I figured they had little info to offer.

Yesterday, I made my mind up, the GT3540XLS was going to be the one (if the price wasn't too much different from my expectations).

Today, before I could call the dealer, the local carrier rang the doorbell and had a package for me. You've guessed it, it has arrived! How did they know, telepathy? :confused:
Guess I've got to get a grip on my thoughts from now ...

It looks and feels very 'cool', I'll give it a workout outdoors this weekend, instead of my prior Manfrotto 075 giving me the workout.
If anyone has questions about this tripod, I can now answer them from first hand experience.

Bart

Cem_Usakligil

Hi Bart,

I hope you'll enjoy your new toy, sorry gizmo, sorry Gitzo! ;-).
Who is this "mind reading" dealer of yours, if I may ask? I might have them read my mind every now and then as well.

Cheers,

Hi Bart,

I hope you'll enjoy your new toy, sorry gizmo, sorry Gitzo! ;-).

LOL, I'm afraid the toy will soon turn into a workhorse. I had it planned, but it's payback time!

Who is this "mind reading" dealer of yours, if I may ask? I might have them read my mind every now and then as well.

Foto Konijnenberg. However, it may get expensive having them read your mind, so beware.
I'm really glad they don't hold the dealership for PhaseOne backs... ;)

Bart