• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

I just got published in a local newspaper....

Cem_Usakligil

...for the first time in my life, ever!.

The primary school where my wife teaches had a special event during the carnaval last week. Almost 350 students have delivered a spectacular show at the town center and naturally, my wife's asked me to take some pictures of this event. One thing has lead to another and before you knew it, one of my pictures ended up being published in the local newspaper. It is not a great or artistic picture, it has merely got value as a news item re. the event. Still, I feel as if I'm on cloud 9 or something :). Even though they have conveniently left my name out as the photographer in the credits. This goes to show that amateurs like myself will sell their souls to the devil if it gets them any recognition after all (LOL).

img_20415_0_132040471-L.jpg

Cheers,

Last edited:

Ivan Garcia

...for the first time in my life, ever!.

The primary school where my wife teaches had a special event during the carnaval last week. Almost 350 students have delivered a spectacular show at the town center and naturally, my wife's asked me to take some pictures of this event. One thing has lead to another and before you knew it, one of my pictures ended up being published in the local newspaper. It is not a great or artistic picture, it has merely got value as a news item re. the event. Still, I feel as if I'm on cloud 9 or something :). Even though they have conveniently left my name out as the photographer in the credits. This goes to show that amateurs like myself will sell their souls to the devil if it gets them any recognition after all (LOL).

Cheers,

Congrats Cem!!!
The first of many to come!!

David J. Eves

enjoy the thrill.. it only gets "better" each time you sell something!

keep going & let your passion drive you to new heights !

don't ever quit chasing your dream.. the day you do.. you will have failed.

You can become,, anything you want to become.. just keep going after it.. !

Cem_Usakligil

enjoy the thrill.. it only gets "better" each time you sell something!

keep going & let your passion drive you to new heights !

don't ever quit chasing your dream.. the day you do.. you will have failed.

You can become,, anything you want to become.. just keep going after it.. !
Hi David,

Thanks a lot for these kind words of encouragement. Every now and then, we all need people like you reminding us these basic rules of life. I appreciate it enormously <big smile>.

Cheers,

Tim Armes

That's great Cem. There's nothing like seeing your photos published to give you buzz.

Let's hope that this is the first of many.

Tim

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Congratulations

Cem -

When we are published or mentioned it is positive reinforcement that we did well at something. For us photographers who put so much effort into learning it's a great acknowledgement that we have done something worthy of that recognition.

Cem_Usakligil

Thanks a lot Tim, Kathy :).

@Kathy: shouldn't you get going now? You'll miss your flight! Just switch off the computer and take a deep breath, you'll survive the next couple of weeks without OPF < big grin>

Cheers,