• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

How many boxes of 8x10 polaroid to take to a shoot?

• Thread starter Deleted member 55
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 55

At 15 sheets and $220 a box?

For every 2 8x10 boxes I bring 1 box of 4x5 (20 sheets) of same ISO .
(for type 803 8x10 I use type 53 4x5 both are ISO 800)
(for type 809 8x10 I use type 59 4x5 both are ISO 80)

But how many 8x10 to bring???

Erik DeBill

If I'm going to proof for negative film, I shoot a DSLR shot. With a little practice, you could probably learn to interpret a histogram and know how it would show on polaroid :)

How much film for a shoot is all dependent on the shoot and the photographer. Personally, I would have a hard time stomaching > $10 for an exposure (since I like to make multiples of everything). If I was getting paid several thousand dollars for the shoot, things might be different. As it is, I've got to convince myself I'm not spending too much on my hobby.