• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Photo Geek

Matt Needham

Hi, I'm Matt. I've been a hopelessly obessessed photography geek for the last 12 years or so. Most of that time has been spent shooting BW film, and processing and printing it myself. I like wandering around my world taking photos; mostly I shoot landscapes and portraits, but many subjects interest me. I never had an intention to make a living with it, but eventually word of mouth requests to shoot portraits and weddings, and occasionally selling my personal work as fine art or for commercial use made quitting my real job feasible.

Over the years I've aquired a large heap of old cameras. I enjoy using simple, mechanical cameras, and get a kick out of anything strange or wierd. A few years ago I finally broke down, and bought a DSLR. Turns out I love digital too. These days I'm mainly shooting with a Canon 20D, a Super Speed Graphic, and a Widelux F6. As the impulse takes me I'll drag other cameras out of the collection and shoot a few rolls now and then.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi, I'm Matt. I've been a hopelessly obessessed photography geek for the last 12 years or so. Most of that time has been spent shooting BW film, and processing and printing it myself. I like wandering around my world taking photos; mostly I shoot landscapes and portraits, but many subjects interest me. I never had an intention to make a living with it, but eventually word of mouth requests to shoot portraits and weddings, and occasionally selling my personal work as fine art or for commercial use made quitting my real job feasible.

Over the years I've aquired a large heap of old cameras. I enjoy using simple, mechanical cameras, and get a kick out of anything strange or wierd. A few years ago I finally broke down, and bought a DSLR. Turns out I love digital too. These days I'm mainly shooting with a Canon 20D, a Super Speed Graphic, and a Widelux F6. As the impulse takes me I'll drag other cameras out of the collection and shoot a few rolls now and then.

I am so pleased to welcome you, geekness and all!

I'm hoping you'll post your pictures in the fora to show what film does and what the great speed Graphic can still do. We are trying to encourage 4x5 and we are planning a number of workshops.

How many working LF cameras do you have? We can include the Widelux. We'd like to plan for more groups all around.

Asher